I would like to thank Vegan Perks for nominating me for the Liebster blog award!
The Liebster Award is kind of like a chain letter, a blogger to blogger award where you nominate other bloggers. It’s a blogger’s way of saying “You’re one of my favorites! Good job!” (Liebster is German for “favorite”) There are no judges and no rules. There is no website with an official team to congratulate you. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.
About Vegan Perks:
Marcia, organizer of the blog, goes through many websites and blogs to find great giveaways, deals, etc. All the posts are vegan/plant-based/cruelty-free. The websites/blogs they come from may not be vegan websites but the products will be. I go on this site almost everyday and enter many giveaways:) I have won coupons, a shirt, and a body stick.
What to do for the Liebster Award:• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
11 Facts about me:
1. I have been married since August 2011. We got married at Rocky Mountain National Park. We did not have a ceremony. It was just us. In Colorado you can solemnize or officiate your own marriage. That means you can marry yourselves. You don’t need a judge, minister, or any sort of officiant. You also don’t need witnesses.
2. My husband, Kyle and I have been vegan for almost 2 years.
3. I volunteer as a dog walker at the humane society.
4. I went to school at the University of Wyoming. I got my degree in Elementary Education. I do not plan to use it because the classroom management and discipline are not worth it for me.
5. I was on a synchronized ice skating team in high school.
6. After graduating from college, my husband and I lived in Denali, Alaska, Fort Collins, Colorado, Stowe, Vermont, and Asheville, North Carolina. We are now living in Bellingham, Washington and love it!
7. I shook Barack Obama’s hand before he was elected president. I voted for him the first time. I voted for Jill Stein the second time.
8. I love photography. I got my first DSLR camera in October 2012. I love photographing nature, architecture, animals, people, pretty much anything…
9. I live in a studio apartment with my husband. We live very simply. We fit all of our belongings in our Honda Accord when we moved from Asheville, NC to Bellingham, WA.
10. Right now I am obsessed with the singing drama shows like Nashville, Smash and Glee.
11. I love vegan pho and vegan bubble tea. yum!
VP’s Questions to me:
- What is your favorite snack? pita chips and hummus
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names? No, but I do walk dogs for the humane society. I grew up having golden retrievers. My parents have Sadie, a 10 year old golden retriever.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? Yosemite or any National Park. I would love to start traveling abroad.
- Favorite restaurant? The Black Pearl in Bellingham, WA. I love their vegan yellow curry and their Chai Bubble Tea!
- If you could be a fly on the wall, anywhere at any time, where would it be? I would be with WWII troops as they liberated people from the concentration camps in Germany at the end of World War II.
- How do you relax? I listen to music or watch a movie.
- What is your favorite movie? August Rush
- If you could switch places with someone for one day, who would it be? Ellen DeGeneres
- If your house caught on fire, what would be the one thing you save (other than people or pets)? photo album
- Do you like celery? only if peanut butter is on it, or if it is used in a recipe. I do not like it plain.
- If money was not an object, name a place you would go or something you would do. New Zealand, be a photographer
I nominate (In alphabetical order):
My Questions to you:
1. What is your favorite vegan recipe?
2. What are your hobbies?
3. Mountains or the beach?
4. What is your favorite animal?
5. What is your favorite kitchen item?
6. What is your dream career?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. Cookies or Cake?
10. Favorite season?
11. What is your favorite kind of music?
I was so surprised to receive this award. Thanks again:) It is motivating me to blog more now! And to the blogs I nominated…I love your blogs. You are all an inspiration. Keep it up!
Also, thank you for stopping by:)