I made this casserole for a vegan potluck in Bellingham, Washington. I had never made it before but it looked good. It turned out great and a lot of people liked it:) I love the fact that it is layered. It’s like a lasagna. It’s easy and delicious!
1 package of Tofurkey Kielbasa Sausage (You can also use tempeh)
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cups salsa
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
6 whole wheat flour tortillas
3/4 cup vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti)
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
2 vine-ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded, sliced
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 cup Daiya shredded cheese of your choice (I used cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and coat an 11×7-inch baking dish with oil.
2. Place the 4 sausages in a food processor until it looks like ground beef. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausages and onion, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is softened.
3. Stir in the salsa, beans, oil, oregano, taco seasoning, coriander, and cumin.
4. Place three tortillas in the prepared baking dish. Layer with half of the sausage mixture and vegan sour cream. Repeat layers.
5. Top with bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro. Scatter evenly with vegan cheese.
5. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Revised from vegan.sheknows.com