These pancakes are soooo good! They are a little time-consuming but they are definitely worth it! You don’t need to use syrup on these pancakes because the brown sugar filling inside does the job. Brown sugar is placed inside freshly risen dough and fried in coconut oil until the dough is cooked and the sugar has melted into a warm syrup.
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. yeast
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. crushed nuts (optional, I used cashews)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1. Place 1 cup of lukewarm water into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. yeast, ½ tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, and stir well.
3. Add 2 cups of whole wheat flour and mix.
4. Let the dough rise. It should sit with the lid closed at room temperature for 1 hour.
5. After an hour the dough will rise to double its size. Knead it to remove the gas bubbles in the dough.
6. Let it rise for another 10-20 minutes.
to make a ball.
13. Heat up your non-stick pan (I use an iron skillet) over medium heat and add some coconut oil.